Friday night I lived a night of terror! I needed Jackie Lee to come rescue me. I was visiting a friend and spent the night, so we could go to a spiritual day at retreat house. One p.m. I hear a policeman say on a loud speaker, “You are surrounded, come out with your hands up or call 911.” My friend came running into my room, she said there were 20 cop cars outside. I got up and looked, a police dog was below my window, they kept trying to get the guy in the apartment below to come out or call 911. At 2:29 one swat tank rolls in. Out go swat guys in full gear, then 20 minutes later another one arrives. Ok, now it’s 3 a.m. the guy isn’t coming out and more cops arrive. My car and my friends are now being used as shields for swat guys. That was in the back of the house, in the front a tank was out there, one guy was in the tanks opening aiming a high power weapon towards the building, two more were using it as a shield and doing the same thing. To the right, men were hiding with weapons beside another apartment. Now people are coming out and watching. We can’t get out, we were trapped in the apartment with no escape. I called 911, then said to stay away from the windows and doors and hide, not to leave the apartment under any means. We would be rescued if it was safe to do so. Ok, now I’m freaking out! I don’t have my GSD’s with me or  anything for self-defense, my friend hands me a stuffed bear. This nightmare kept going on, now around 4 a.m. the cops change their tune. They throw a bomb into the apartment below after smashing a window below us. They are making all kinds of siren noises, more K-9 units come in to the complex, the streets are blocked off all around us. Then 1/2 hour later they throw another one in. I thought they were shooting and called 911 again. They were getting to know me, I was told it was a smoke bomb. The cops are now saying the address, the guys name, come out with your hands up and anyone else in there so we know you are ok. This kept on every 10 minutes, lights are flashing, the fire department is there, ambulances. Then at 5:30 a woman and man call out from the parking lot, “We need to leave can we?” The cop said they were going soon. At 6 a.m. they all disappear! We drove out at 6:30 and saw all of them having breakfast, a guy in handcuffs being stuffed into a cop car. Then, when I took her home that night, cops were still all over the place. I’m so happy to be home and living on a farm. I thank the Lord no one was killed and we weren’t either. The guy could have had a bomb and blown up the place. Well, my two books are in publishing and will be out soon. Thank you for listening to my tale of woe.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.